The STRIDE Collaborative (formerly the Southeast Diesel Collaborative, also known as the SEDC) is an organization dedicated to reducing diesel emissions in the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. “STRIDE Collaborative” or “STRIDE” or “we” or “us” refers to the STRIDE Collaborative.
- What information we collect, how we collect it, and why we collect it
- How we will use that information and with whom we share that information
- How you can access and update that information
- The decisions you can make about how we will collect, use and share your information
- How we protect the information we have about you
1. Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly when signing up for the mailing list:
- Your e-mail address
- Your first, last, and full name
- Your phone number
- Your organization
- Your address
- Your individual/organization type
- Your areas of interest as far as STRIDE topics
- Your preferred e-mail format
- Your preferences on receiving regular e-mails from us
Additional information that you provide us:
- Content that you submit to us such as photos for the STRIDE photo contest, feedback on conferences, trainings, and other events.
- Communications between you and the STRIDE Collaborative. This includes information that Mailchimp provides the STRIDE Collaborative on how you interact with our e-mails.
Additional information provided to WordPress:
- When visitors leave comments on the STRIDE site, the website collects the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
2. How Will We Collect Information?
The STRIDE Collaborative collects information both directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our website and through your interactions with our e-mails and in some cases from third parties.
Information That You Give Us: The information that we collect directly from you will typically be contact details and your preferences on how you want to receive information from the STRIDE Collaborative. You get to decide how much information to share with us in most cases, but not sharing information that is required in forms may limit your ability to engage in certain activities (ex. You will not be able to join the STRIDE mailing list without providing us with your e-mail address).
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information Collected Automatically: When you use or interact with our website and services, we receive and store information that is generated by your activity, including usage data and other information that is automatically collected from your browser or device. This information may include browser type and version, preferred language, geographic location using the IP address or the GPS, the clickstream to, through, and from our Site, including date and time and pages viewed or searched for and areas of our site that you visited. We also may track the number of times you visit our site. You may be assigned one or more unique identifiers to help keep track of future visits.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit the login page (a WordPress account log-in page), we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in to your WordPress account, WordPress will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. Youtube videos, other images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Information from Other Sources: Information that we receive about you from other sources may be added to the information we already have about you. For example, if we receive a list of members of an organization and we note that you have joined the STRIDE mailing list or have attended our events, we may combine that information.
3. How Long is Information Retained?
Website information logs for each day with no personally identifiable information is retained indefinitely. Mailing list information is retained indefinitely until you request that it is deleted.
4. Use of Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- Provide information to you on STRIDE events such as conferences, calls, webinars, and trainings
- Respond to your inquiries, comments, concerns, and requests
- Enable you to personalize the STRIDE e-mails you receive
- Notify you about changes to the STRIDE Collaborative
- Evaluate and improve the STRIDE Collaborative to better serve you
- Identify and analyze usage trends and determine how effective our e-mails are in disseminating information
- Provide technical and other support to help keep the STRIDE site and campaigns working in a manner that is safe and secure
- Comply with legal obligations
5. Children Under the Age of 13
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not provide any information on this website.
6. Mailing Policy
When you send us an e-mail, we use your e-mail address to reply to your question and we will store both your communication (either through the STRIDE site or by e-mail) and our reply for any future correspondence. We will never use your e-mail address from an e-mail you send us to send you any unsolicited message or information and we will not share or sell it to anyone for such use.
When you join the STRIDE mailing list, we use your e-mail address and any other information that you provide us to send you information on STRIDE calls, events, and items of interest until you ask us to stop by using the “unsubscribe” link included in our e-mails.
We will not use your e-mail address to provide you with unsolicited information or messages unrelated to the mission and goals of the STRIDE Collaborative nor will we share it with, sell, rent, or lease it to any third party outside of the STRIDE Collaborative for such use.
7. Dispute Resolution